Panama City is quite an enchanting combination, with a skyline like New York, a Latin-American culture and a canal that makes the economy blossom. The same unique combination can be seen in it`s equally diverse and exciting nightlife, which is divided into two main areas.
-Casco Viejo –
This old part of town can be referred to by the name of Casco Viejo, Casco Antiguo or sometimes San Felipe. If you are staying in a hostel, it will most likely be in this neighborhood. The old spanish colonial buildings as well as the people make the atmosphere very bohemic and relaxed. It`s located at a relative distance from the city centre which gives you a great lookout on the Panama City Skyline. Some recommendations for Casco Viejo are:
- Panama Pubcrawl – If you want to see different places and different people
- Tantalo Roofbar – If you want to have a classy party with an amazing view
- Relic – If you want to meets loads of interesting people while chilling on outside patio:
- La Rana Dorada – if you like (different kinds of) beer
- Mojitos sin Mojitos – if you like amazing hamburgers and open air patio´s
- Habana Panama – If you want to show off your salsa skills
– Business District/Calle Uruguay-
If you are looking to go clubbing, you should skip the laid-back Casco ambiance and head straight to Calle Uruguay. This street knows a great number of places. To start of your night you can have a nice meal with some beers at Habibi`s. After that, you can go to one of the many ´discotecas´ the street has to offer.
Here are some examples:
- Pure – If you are looking for house music
- K`OS – If you are looking for a `Miami-style` club
- Bamboleo – If you are looking for some great salsa/bachata/merengue dancing
- The Londener – If you want to play some pool or darts
And last, but certainly not least there is the Hard Rock Hotel, just a few blocks away from Calle Uruguay (although a taxi ride, no more than $4, is recommended). Although the name might not give it away, this is the place to be when enjoying the great Panamanian nightlife. There are different clubs hosted on different floors, making it almost impossible not to have a good time here. Most recommended is the roof lounge, from where you can see the coastline of Panama city lit up beautifully.
Guestblog by Amarens Jonkers of Traveling my way home