Tour Essentials: Opolopo
Hailing from Stockholm, Sweden Opolopo is a DJ and producer who needs little introduction – releasing tracks for over a decade on seminal labels such as Joey Negro’s Z records and Sweden based Local talk. Opolopo translates as ‘Plenty’ in Youruban, which explains the diversity of his back catalogue and ventures within the electronic music scene, this has led to a number of gigs in world famous venues such as Glasgow’s Sub Club, curating the music and being the resident DJ at Four Seasons hotel in Dubai to playing at Croatia’s Fort Punta Cristo for Dimensions Festival.
Next week Opolopo is releasing his Lowlife EP on Madhouse Records joining the catalogue of a myriad of legendary house artists such as Roy Ayers and Dennis Ferrer.
- Laptop and Korg NanoKey: For preparing sets on the plane and making music on the go. Also useful for busking in the airport to afford that £ 7 brownie.
- Trusty old HD-25s: Can’t leave home without them. They go on the metro, the plane and in the club. Light, yet sturdy, powerful and German.
- Custom molded earplugs As I have hyperacusis in my right ear I always try to wear these in the club. Even when DJ:ing. They are also great on the plane when the toddler in row 3 decides to throw a tantrum.
- Big ass mobile phone Used to lug around an iPad but ever since I bought a grandpa sized phablet I watch all my movies on this one.
- Espresso Machine The coffee on the plane is always horrible so I bring my own machine. Totally worth the occasional latex gloves at airport security this might lead to.