Tour Essentials with Lupe Fuentes
Lupe Fuentes is consistently making a name of herself through her own podcast, productions and of course on the dance floors around the world.
Having grown up in the culture-rich Columbia with musical styles and sound, Lupe Fuentes has been living and breathing music for most of her life. Now residing in Los Angeles, Lupe remains a fixture on the US club circuit. Commanding the dance floors of the country’s top nightclubs including Sound Nightclub, Exchange, Pacha NYC and Drai’s After Hours to name a few, Lupe has poised herself as a leading lady of the underground.
Her Debut record “So High”. was released on the House icon Junior Sanchez Brobot Records. “Lupe was born to make music and be a DJ. She’s fire!” says Junior Sanchez.
For the past 20 months, Lupe has released more than 20 records, with support from Dubfire, Nicole Moudaber, Maceo Plex, Richie Hawtin, Carl Craig, Kerri Chandler, Claptone to name a few.
“I don’t do this for any other reason than I love house music, I love to DJ and I’m compelled daily to produce… Be it one person or 50,000 on the dance floor, I’ll make sure they feel like I’m playing just for them!”
Being a frequently on the road you have to travel light and some things become essentials. We reached out to her to find out what her Tour Essentials are:
- My Laptop and my hard drive where I keep all my music. While I am touring and traveling, it’s essential for me to have my laptop always to stay “In The Loop” with what is happening with the label, upcoming releases, PR, remixes, and whatever else needs to get handled. My hard drive since I have all my music there. I get a lot of promos every week and I always download new music to play!
- My Sunglasses, I love these because they fit my face perfectly, they are super comfortable!
- My USB, as a DJ, where would I go without a USB? Hahaha, the easiest way to just get on the decks and play, no complicated transitions from one DJ to another but just mixing by ear and feeling the music.
- Notebook. This may seem really old school, but I keep an ideas book. I write all my ideas in this book, whether they are ideas for a new track or remix, or business ideas for In The Loop, collaboration ideas, PR ideas, etc.
- Mario Badescu skin care, facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater. I’m really big in skin care, I love to spray this on my face specially during flights or after a long Dj set.